Thursday, September 11, 2008

Granny

My paternal grandmother passed away last evening from pancreatic cancer. Eric has been asked to be a pallbearer, and we will be driving up to Georgia either tomorrow night after my classes at the studio or Saturday morning for the service on Saturday.

I am grateful to her for sharing her passion for music and teaching with me and my family. I began taking piano lessons from her at a very young age and built a foundation of piano technique on the skills that she taught me. Now I make my living doing the same for artistic young people, and I am appreciative to her for enstilling that passion in me.

She also gave me my dad, who is the most selfless, loving father in the whole world.

Shirla Ione Shaw Pinder
1930-2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Granny!