Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Piano Saga

So as you know from the Cruise Fund post, our piano was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Well, a previous job delayed the movers, so we had to reschedule. (This is what they do for a living; you'd think they'd have figured out how to properly schedule moving appointments by now.) When we called Thursday to confirm, they had no record of our appointment. (Those fartknockers!) So we decided to move it ourselves. Yesterday, my AMAZING parents drove down from Georgia with piano moving and tuning supplies to help us move the beast.

Our truck was a little ghetto.


Look at those boys go!


My new baby nestled in the rig


Eric bought these straps that were supposed to make the load lighter. They were junk.


It was difficult to navigate the beast up the stairs.


Before and after. Voilá!


Dad using his incredible musical ear to tune the beast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun. I'm so proud of my piano-lifting pose! The piano is really cool, and I'm glad we got to hang out for the evening!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Finally!
I can't even imagine getting a piano up all of those stairs.
I hope you have an awesome time on your cruise.
I LOVE y'all!!!