Friday, June 25, 2010

The Separated at Birth You Never Saw Coming

Grammy award-winning rapper Nelly...and me?! 

With our trendy face bandages, we look like twins almost.  Following a visit to the dermatologist a few weeks ago, I received a phone call from the doctor's office saying that the biopsy of a mole on my face came back "a little abnormal."  In my opinion, there's really no in between--it's pretty much either normal or abnormal.  At my visit yesterday, they confirmed that it was the latter--a basal cell carcinoma, a common type of skin cancer.  Luckily, we caught it early enough that the removal procedure they performed yesterday has a 98.5% chance of having wiped out the malignant cells with a 0% chance of it spreading from the skin to inside the body.

In short, hooray!  I found out I had teeny-tiny cancer--and then don't* have it anymore--on the same day!  On the downside, under my stylish bandage, there is what looks like a pretty nasty cigar burn.  It should heal within a few weeks, but in the meantime I'll be following an eight-year-old hip-hop trend.  So gangsta.

*Well, probably don't.  There's a 1.5% I do, but we won't think about that.  I didn't get the faucet with a 1% chance of winning so with these odds I believe we're safe.

1 comment:

Anna Pinder said...

Haha I love the pictures!