Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Digging a Hole to...the Indian Ocean?

No, I didn't really think that I'd come out in China if I dug a hole in my backyard (if I had a backyard). I know I'd eventually burn up in the earth's fiery core. But if I could be come the opposite of flammable (which is NOT what "inflammable" means, by the way) and had reasonable means to make it all the way through from one side of the planet to the other perfectly diametrically, and I had a backyard, where would I potentially end up?

The answer, according to the Internet (which, as we all know, is always reliable) is here:




IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN! Good thing I never tried it!

"Try it" yourself, virtually, by heading to this site, If Earth Were a Sandwich, wich (haha) is actually a very logical way to wrap one's inflammable mind around this concept. Enjoy!

P.S. F.Y.I. T.T.Y.L.


No comments: