Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eric's Special, Too

As I sit in this delightfully sticky booth enjoying my free wi-fi access and stuffing my pancake-hole with deliciously free breakfast, staring out into a rainy afternoon, I'm thinking of Eric on our regular day off and why I'm having a date with my laptop at Denny's.  Well, Eric is someplace special today--probably in full awareness of the syrupy goodness he's missing and the gloomy precipitation he's not.  He was selected to be a...well, I can't remember exactly what it's called, but there's a big press event going on at Walt Disney World with media luminaries attending from all over creation, and Eric gets to tag along with some of those illustrious personalities for a week.  He is basically in charge of being the liaison-type guy between Disney and the group from a New York City "hot" adult contemporary station.  These on-air folks and various station VIPs have the privilege of hanging out with my hubby during a week full of fun events and activities all over property.  It's an honor because only a few managers from all across the Walt Disney World Resort were chosen, and he's told it's an exciting adventure hobnobbing with all the media and enjoying all the perks.

Aw, shoot.  In my blogging excitement, I accidently dipped my pancakes in ketchup!  Dunking the sausage in syrup would've been a tastier mistake. 

In the meantime, I'll be savoring my breakfast-for-lunch catered with care by my South of the Border server Samuel, slung with a smile and a lonely rat-tail (photo forthcoming--if I'd thought to bring the microSD adapter for my cameraphone, you wouldn't even have to wait to see this truly amazing example of American [?] cosmetology EDIT: see below).  And I waited less than ten minutes!  Don't worry--later Eric will be enjoying my leftover eggs and bakey from the to-go box because on Free Grand Slam Day, there are no substitutions, even for picky eaters.

BONUS: My Thoughts on the Super Bowl

Did anyone else notice...
  • the consecutive commercials featuring ladies being tackled (Snickers/Focus on the Family), schlubby dudes in their underwear (Career-Builder/Dockers), and woodland creatures (CarMax/Monster.com)?
  • the Stripes theme featured on the Budweiser bridge commercial?
  • the commercial announcing free food at Denny's?  Seriously, I only waited like six minutes.  Where is everybody?
  • the ironic Super Bowl snapshot (EDIT: see below) circulating the tongue-in-cheek humor blogs yesterday? (Photo forthcoming--because Randall Gay is in the photo, the Denny's server won't let me pull it up.)
  • if Baby Brees got an e*trade endorsement deal?
  • anything but the commercials?
EDIT: Here are the photos I promised.

The rat-tail is small but effective.  This guy totally got a 100% tip.

Randall Gay sashays by as two Colts share a passionate embrace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ALWAYS make me giggle!
I am just thrilled that everything seems to be going so well for the two of you.
I love y'all!!!