Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jackson's Big Day

Thursday we traveled with my family to Birmingham for Jackson's senior recital.  He played five awesome pieces, one of which he composed and arranged for steel drums, trap set, string bass, and marimba.  I wanted to post some of my favorite photos from the day.  Throughout the entire day, I was simultaneously bursting with pride and with an overwhelming feeling of age.  I remember when this guy was a teeny tiny baby and now he's a real live grown-up person (about two times as tall as I am) and teeming with talent.  And guess what?  He's GETTING MARRIED this spring!  Now I feel REALLY ancient!  But I couldn't be happier for Jackson and his delightful fiancée, Evelyn.

The stage is set

Jackson on marimba

A duet

"As One"

The composer playing his piece

Samford Percussion Ensemble

Sunday Afternoon on the Island of Groove

The happy couple

Jackson takes a ride

Family fun

1 comment:

pinder said...

Thanks for all the photos. It was a fun day hanging out with my favorite people.