Friday, January 28, 2011

Our Holidays...and Beyond!

After celebrating my favorite holiday in October and spending Thanksgiving with Eric's folks, we had a festive Christmas holiday celebration here in town.  My immediate family celebrated with us and then my mom's whole side piled in for a fun Christmas gathering!  Then our friends Rachel and Ollie came into town to celebrate the New Year with us.  We hit Universal, the Disney parks, some fabulous dining locations, and other various hot spots throughout town.  (Poor Eric had recently had hernia surgery, so if you're wondering why he's in a wheelchair in some pictures, it's because it was way faster to push him around than drag him around hobbling!)

Celebrating Rachel's birthday at Yachtsman Steakhouse

We surprised Rachel with a birthday cake!

Taking a ride on the monorail

Sisters enjoying some delicious Butterbeer

Rachel and Ollie at Universal

The Browns meeting a distant cousin, Doc Brown

Visiting Hogwarts

The girls taking a pit stop at Chili's

Another delicious dinner at Flying Fish Cafe

Wild ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Late dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Dining Room

After the holidays, we just went back to our normal routines and finally took town our Christmas decor last week.  Eric is still chuggin' along at work, enjoying his place on the Club Concierge Level at the Yacht and Beach Club. Resorts.  He gets to rub elbows with lots of VIPs, so he gets a kick out of the mood and bustle of it all.  Looking back, I personally had a very bustling holiday, gigging all over town, which was such a blessing.  I got to sing with the Shrine Choir, one of the most musically fulfilling groups in town, a few times for the Christmas season, including midnight mass and Christmas morning service.  Also, Seraphim, the new women's a capella group I sing with, premiered my newest piece, Winter Carol, at our gigs this season.  Other than that, I've been auditioning my butt off trying to live up to my New Year's resolution of becoming a full-time performer.  My other resolution was to relaunch my website, and that I think I have completed.  Check it out!

No comments: