Saturday, June 18, 2011

Feast or Famine

Here's the problem with keeping this blog up to date.  It seems that we're always either so busy that I don't have time to write about all the exciting things we're doing, or alternatively, nothing's happening and I have lots of free time but nothing to write about.  Since my last real update, there's been a little bit of both, but I'll catch you up on the highlights as far as our careers go.  Me first!  You can always visit my website for the latest on my career, but here are some of the most exciting recent developments.

After a great holiday season with Seraphim, my spring picked up with some really rewarding opportunities.  A group called Sing cast me as their swing performer.  (This basically means I learn all the parts so I can step in when someone in the cast isn't available.)  Sing is inspired by Glee and does performances for conventions and special events all over the nation--most recently Dallas, Miami, Denver, and Las Vegas!  I also joined Earth Beat, a classic cover band, as a lead singer!  Dr. Bill Picher asked be to sing in an a capella concert with the choir at the Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe.  It was an unforgettable day and Getting to sing with these awesomely talented groups is a dream--getting paid for it is even better!

Earth Beat

We did another opera at the Bob Carr this season, La Boheme.  My same old girlfriends--Lauren Langa, Lara Larberg, Jillian Rosich--and I had a blast cutting up in the chorus.  Simultaneously, I was rehearsing the role of Maria in The Sound of Music at Garden Theatre!  Since I was doing Boheme at the same time, I was just the understudy, but I had the chance to work with some truly amazing people and performers.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  And I got to do the show twice :)

How do you solve a problem like me? O:-)

As for Eric, he has always been fascinated by hot air balloons.  So for his birthday, I got him a Groupon for a balloon ride. The ride itself was beautiful and peaceful.  Then right after the ride, Eric talked himself into a job on the team's chase crew!  He helps unpack and pack all the gear for rides, and he communicates with the pilot by radio and drives to drop off and pick up the passengers at the take-off and landing sites, because you can't steer a hot air balloon!

Eric hard at work

2 comments:

pinder said...

Yay! You're back!

Anna Pinder said...

Yeah, Eric and Katie!